For Educators > C-Section > Guided Questions During Surgery
Directions: Answer these questions as you perform the C-Section surgery.
1. Who would need this type of surgery?
2.Why would a doctor decide to perform this surgery rather than let the process occur naturally?
3.What two types of products could cause a patient to have a longer recovery?
4. What types of instruments do you need to insert an IV line into the patient?
5. How does spinal anesthesia differ from an epidural?
6. What three layers do you have to cut through while making the incision?
7. Why did you need to use the retractor tool?
8. What step must you take before completely removing the baby from the uterus?
9. What steps must you take with the baby’s umbilical cord?
10. Where does the baby go before the mother is allowed to hold her?
11. How long will the recovery period last for the new mother?
12. What are some things the new mother can do to help in the recovery process?
13. When should the new mother contact her physician?